You searched for:
Search Words: "Chronic", "pain"
Your search returned 85 results.
- Alschuler KN, Kratz, AL, Ehde DM. 2015. "Resilience and vulnerability in individuals with chronic pain and physical disability." Rehabilitation Psychology.
- Amtmann D, Askew R*, Kim J*, Chung H, Ehde D, Bombardier C, Kraft G, Wu S*, Johnson K. 2015. "Pain affects depression through anxiety, fatigue, and sleep in multiple sclerosis." Rehabilitation Psychology.
- Day M, Ward LC, Ehde DE, Hartoonian N, Alschuler KN, Turner AP, Kraft GH, Jensen MP. 2015. "An empirical investigation of a biopsychosocial model of chronic pain in multiple sclerosis." Clinical Journal of Pain.
- Ehde DM, Alschuler KN, Osborne TL, Hanley MA, Jensen MP, Kraft, GH. 2015. "Utilization and patients' perceptions of the effectiveness of pain treatments in multiple sclerosis: A cross-sectional survey." Disability and Health Journal.
- Alschuler KN, Otis JD. 2014. "An examination of the impact of posttraumatic stress disorder on the classification of pain as mild, moderate, or severe in a sample of veterans with chronic pain." Psychological Services.
- Molton IR, Terrill A, Yorkston K, Alschuler K, Ehde D, Smith A, Jensen MP. 2014. "Modeling secondary health conditions in adults with long-standing disabilities." Journal of Health and Aging.
- Alschuler KN, Molton IR, Jensen MP, Riddle D. 2013. "Prognostic value of CSQ subscales in a community-based sample of persons with chronic symptomatic knee osteoarthritis." Pain.
- Alschuler KN, Otis JD. 2013. "Significant others' responses to pain in veterans with chronic pain and clinical levels of post-traumatic stress disorder symptomatology." European Journal of Pain.
- Engel JM, Wilson S, Tran ST, Jensen MP, Ciol MA. 2013. "Pain catastrophizing in youths with physical disabilities and chronic pain." Journal of Pediatric Psychology.
- Kim J, Chung H, Amtmann D, Revicki DA, Cook KF. 2013. "Measurement invariance of the PROMIS pain interference item bank across community and clinical samples." Qual Life Res.
- 2012. "Coping strategies and beliefs about pain in veterans with comorbid chronic pain and significant levels of posttraumatic stress disorder symptom." European Journal of Pain.
- Amtmann D, Bamer AM, Cook KF, Askew RL, Noonan VK, Brockway JA. 2012. "University of Washington self-efficacy scale: a new self-efficacy scale for people with disabilities." Arch Phys Med Rehabil.
- Carter GT, Miró J, Ted Abresch R, El-Abassi R, Jensen MP. 2012. "Disease burden in neuromuscular disease: the role of chronic pain." Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Clinics of North America.
- Dworkin RH, Turk DC, Peirce-Sandner S, Burke LB, Farrar JT, Gilron I, Jensen MP, et al. 2012. "Considerations for improving assay sensitivity in chronic pain clinical trials: IMMPACT recommendations." Pain.
- Engel JM, Jensen MP, Ciol MA, Bolen GM. 2012. "The development and preliminary validation of the Pediatric Survey of Pain Attitudes." American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Ferreira-Valente MA, Pais-Ribeiro JL, Jensen MP. 2012. "Psychometric properties of the portuguese version of the Pain Self-Efficacy Questionnaire." Acta Reumatol Port.
- Finan PH, Burns JW, Jensen MP, Nielson WR, Kerns RD. 2012. "Pain coping but not readiness to change is associated with pretreatment pain-related functioning." Clinical Journal of Pain.
- Forsythe LP, Romano JM, Jensen MP, Thorn BE. 2012. "Attachment style is associated with perceived spouse responses and pain-related outcomes." Rehabilitation Psychology.
- Gellhorn AC, Chan L, Martin B, Friedly J. 2012. "Management patterns in acute low back pain: the role of physical therapy." Spine.
- Irwin DE, Gross HE, Stucky BD, Thissen D, DeWitt EM, Lai JS, Amtmann D, Khastou L, Varni JW, DeWalt DA. 2012. "Development of six PROMIS pediatrics proxy-report item banks." Health Qual Life Outcomes.
- Iwaki R, Arimura T, Jensen MP, Nakamura T, Yamashiro K, Makino S, Obata T, Sudo N, Kubo C, Hosoi M. 2012. "Global catastrophizing versus catastrophizing subdomains: Assessment and associations with patient functioning." Pain Medicine.
- Jensen MP, Gralow JR, Braden A, Gertz KJ, Fann JR, Syrjala KL. 2012. "Hypnosis for symptom management in women with breast cancer: a pilot study." International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis.
- Jensen MP, Gralow JR, Braden A, Gertz KJ, Fann JR, Syrjala KL. 2012. "Hypnosis for symptom management in women with breast cancer: a pilot study." International journal of clinical and experimental hypnosis.
- Jensen MP, Schnitzer TJ, Wang H, Smugar SS, Peloso PM, Gammaitoni A. 2012. "Sensitivity of single- versus multiple-domain outcome measures to identify responders in chronic low back pain: Pooled analysis of two placebo-controlled trials of etoricoxib." The Clinical Journal of Pain.
- Jensen MP, Sherlin LH, Gertz KJ, Braden AL, Kupper AE, Gianas A, Howe JD, Hakimian S. 2012. "Brain EEG activity correlates of chronic pain in persons with spinal cord injury: clinical implications." Spinal Cord.
- Jensen MP, Wang W, Potts SL, Gould EM. 2012. "Reliability and validity of individual and composite recall pain measures in patients with cancer." Pain Medicine.
- Miró J, Gertz KJ, Carter GT, Jensen MP. 2012. "Chronic pain in neuromuscular disease: pain site and intensity differentially impacts function." Physical Medicine Rehabilitation Clinics of North America.
- Nieto R, Raichle KA, Jensen MP, Miro J. 2012. "Changes in pain-related psychosocial variables predict changes in outcomes in individuals with Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy and Facioscapulohumeral Dystrophy." Clinical Journal of Pain.
- Standaert CJ. 2012. "Shockwave therapy for chronic proximal hamstring tendinopathy." Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine.
- Yoshida T, Molton IR, Jensen MP, Nakamura T, Arimura T, Kubo C, Hosoi M. 2012. "Cognitions, metacognitions, and chronic pain." Rehabilitation Psychology.
- Akuthota V, Standaert CJ, Chimes GP. 2011. "The role of core strengthening for chronic low back pain." PM&R.
- Blume HK, Lucas S, Bell KR. 2011. "Subacute concussion-related symptoms in youth." Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Medicine Clinics of North America.
- Borckardt JJ, Reeves ST, Beam W, Jensen MP, Gracely RH, Katz S, Smith AR, Madan A, Patterson D, George MS. 2011. "A randomized, controlled investigation of motor cortex transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) effects on quantitative sensory measures in healthy adults: evaluation of TMS device parameters." Clinical Journal of Pain.
- Chang HY, Yang YL, Jensen MP, Lee CN, Lai YH. 2011. "The experience of and coping with lumbopelvic pain among pregnant women in Taiwan." Pain Medicine.
- Durga A, Sepahpanah F, Regozzi M, Hastings J, Crane DA. 2011. "Prevalence of testosterone deficiency after spinal cord injury." PM&R.
- Dworkin RH, Jensen MP, Gould E, Jones BA, Xiang Q, Galer BS, Gammaitoni AR. 2011. "Treatment satisfaction in osteoarthritis and chronic low back pain: the role of pain, physical and emotional functioning, sleep, and adverse events." Journal of Pain.
- Dworkin RH, Turk DC, Basch E, Berger A, Cleeland C, Farrar JT, Haythornthwaite JA, Jensen MP, Kerns RD, Markman J, Porter L, Raja SN, Ross E, Todd K, Wallace M, Woolf CJ. 2011. "Considerations for extrapolating evidence of acute and chronic pain analgesic efficacy." Pain.
- Ferreira-Valente MA, Ribeiro JL, Jensen MP, Almeida R. 2011. "Coping with chronic musculoskeletal pain in Portugal and in the USA: A cross-cultural study." Pain Medicine.
- Feudtner C, Kang TI, Hexem KR, Friedrichsdorf SJ, Osenga K, Siden H, Friebert SE, Hays RM, Dussel V, Wolfe J. 2011. "Pediatric palliative care patients: a prospective multicenter cohort study." Pediatrics.
- Gilron I, Jensen MP. 2011. "Clinical trial methodology of pain treatment studies: selection and measurement of self-report primary outcomes for efficacy." Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine.
- Hirsh AT, Bockow TB, Jensen MP. 2011. "Catastrophizing, pain, and pain interference in individuals with disabilities." American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Hirsh AT, Kratz AL, Engel JM, Jensen MP. 2011. "Survey results of pain treatments in adults with cerebral palsy." American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Hoffman JM, Bombardier CH, Graves DE, Kalpakjian CZ, Krause JS. 2011. "A longitudinal study of depression from 1 to 5 years after spinal cord injury." Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- Irwin DE, Gross HE, Stucky BD, Thissen D, Morgan Dewitt E, Lai JS, Amtmann D, Khastou L, Varni JW, Dewalt DA. 2011. "Development of six PROMIS pediatrics proxy-report item banks." Health and Quality of Life Outcomes.
- Jensen MP. 2011. "Psychosocial approaches to pain management: an organizational framework." Pain.
- Jensen MP, Ehde DM, Gertz K, Stoelb BL, Dillworth TM, Hirsh AT, Molton IR, Kraft GH. 2011. "Effects of self-hypnosis training and cognitive restructuring on daily pain intensity and catastrophizing in individuals with multiple sclerosis and chronic pain." The International Journal of Clincal and Experimental Hypnosis.
- Jensen MP, Moore MR, Bockow TB, Ehde DM, Engel JM. 2011. "Psychosocial factors and adjustment to chronic pain in persons with physical disabilities: a systematic review." Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Kratz AL, Molton IR, Jensen MP, Ehde DM, Nielson WR. 2011. "Further evaluation of the Motivational Model of Pain Self-Management: coping with chronic pain in multiple sclerosis." Annals of Behavioral Medicine.
- Lin CP, Kupper AE, Gammaitoni AR, Galer BS, Jensen MP. 2011. "Frequency of chronic pain descriptors: implications for assessment of pain quality." European Journal of Pain.
- Standaert CJ, Friedly J, Erwin MW, Lee MJ, Rechtine G, Henrikson NB, Norvell DC. 2011. "Comparative effectiveness of exercise, acupuncture, and spinal manipulation for low back pain." Spine.
Featured Research Articles
View the latest research articles on Traumatic Brain Injury written by faculty from the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine.
Volunteer to Participate in our Research Studies
The Department of Rehabilitation Medicine is looking for volunteers to participate in research studies on Multiple Sclerosis & Pain Management, and Traumatic Brain Injury.