Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R)
UW Medical Center
Welcome to the University of Washington Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency website. The University of Washington Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation training program is among the top residency programs in the United States, and the Department is consistently ranked in the top four by US News & World Report.
Some of the residency program's strengths include:
- A large patient population and multiple training sites to see Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation practiced in a variety of settings.
- Our Chairman, Dr. Peter Esselman, is a strong leader and is committed to resident education.
- Our program director, Dr. Karen Barr, has had a long career in medical education and is an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher.
- The University of Washington faculty includes some of the top physiatrists in the country. They are a diverse group with cutting edge expertise and provide excellent teaching and supervision to the next generation of physiatrists.
- Each resident is assigned a faculty advisor to assist them with career guidance, feedback, and mentoring
- The Department of Rehabilitation Medicine has a strong presence in the University of Washingon Medical Center (UWMC) and the Graduate Medical Education (GME) office.
- Some of the best and brightest residents in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Our residents have diverse backgrounds from allopathic and osteopathic schools and some with prior training in other fields including Internal Medicine and Surgery.
To learn more about the Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation residency program, please explore the links below: