Janet M. Powell, Ph.D., OTR/L, FAOTA
- Wise, E. K., Hoffman, J. M., Powell, J. M., Bombardier, C., & Bell, K. R. (2012). Benefits of exercise maintenance after traumatic brain injury. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 93, 1319-1323.
- Arango-Lasprilla, J. C., Ketchum, J., Drew, A., Hammond, F., Powell, J. M., Jeffrey Kreutzer, J., Chuwn Lim, P. C., Carr, C. (2012). Neurobehavioral symptoms 1 year after traumatic brain injury: A preliminary study of the relationship between race/ethnicity and symptoms. Brain Injury, 26, 814-824.
- Donoso Brown, EV, Munoz, JP, & Powell, JM (2011). Multi-cultural training in the United States: A survey of occupational therapy programs. Occupational Therapy in Health Care, 25, 178-193.
- Hoffman, JM, Bell, KR, Powell, JM, Behr, J, Dunn, EC, Dikmen, S, & Bombardier, CH (2010). A randomized controlled trial of exercise to improve mood after traumatic brain injury. P M & R: The Journal of Injury, Function, and Rehabilitation, 2, 911-919.
- Wise, EK, Mathews-Dalton, C, Dikmen, S, Temkin, N, Machamer, J, Bell, K, & Powell, JM (2010). Impact of traumatic brain injury on participation in leisure activities. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 91, 1357-1362.
- Lo, AC, Guarino, PD, Richards, LG, Haselkorn, JK, Wittenberg, GF, Federman, DG, Ringer, RJ, Wagner, TH, Krebs, HI, Volpe, BT, Bever, CT, Bravata, DM, Duncan, PW, Corn, BH, Maffucci, AD, Nadeau, SE, Conroy, SS, Powell, JM, Guang, GD, & Peduzzi, P (2010). Robot-assisted therapy for long-term upper extremity impairment after stroke. The New England Journal of Medicine, 362, 1772-1783.
- Novack, TA, Labbe, D, Grote, M, Carlson, N, Sherer, M, Arango-Lasprilla, JC, Bushnik, T, Cifu, D, Powell, JM, Ripley, D, & Seel, RT (2010). Return to driving within 5 years of moderate-severe traumatic brain injury. Brain Injury, 24, 464-471.
- Perry, JC, Powell, JM, & Rosen, J. (2009). Isotropy of an upper limb exoskeleton and the kinematics and dynamics of the human arm. Applied Bionics and Biomechanics, 6, 175-191.
- Bell, KR, Hoffman, JM, Temkin, NR, Powell, JM, Fraser, RT, Esselman, PC, Barber, J, & Dikmen, S S (2008). The effect of telephone counseling on reducing post-traumatic symptoms after mild traumatic brain injury: A randomized trial. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry, 79, 1275-1281.
- Powell, JM, Kanny, EM & Ciol, MA (2008). The state of the occupational therapy workforce: Results of a national study. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 62, 97-105.
- Powell, JM, Ferraro, JV, Dikmen, SS, Temkin, NR, & Bell, KR (2008). Accuracy of mild traumatic brain injury diagnosis. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 89, 1550-1555.
- Bogan, LK, Powell, JM, & Dudgeon, BJ (2007). Experiences of living with non-cancer related lymphedema: Implications for clinical practice. Qualitative Health Research, 17, 213-224.
- Powell, JM, Temkin, NR, Machamer, JM, & Dikmen, SS (2007). Gaining insight into patients’ perspectives on participation in home management activities following traumatic brain injury. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 61, 269-279.
- Powell, JM, Fan, M, Kiltz, PJ, Bergman, AT, & Richman, J (2006). A comparison of the Developmental Eye Movement Test (DEM) and a modified version of the Adult Developmental Eye Movement Test (A-DEM) with older adults. Journal of Behavioral Optometry, 17, 59-64.
- Vonder Hulls DS, Walker LK & Powell JM (2006). Clinicians' perceptions of the benefits of aquatic therapy for young children with autism: A preliminary study. Physical and Occupational Therapy in Pediatrics, 26(1/2), 13-22.
- Bell KR, Temkin NR, Esselman PC, Doctor JN, Bombardier CH, Fraser RT, Hoffman JM, Powell JM & Dikmen S (2005). The effect of scheduled telephone counseling on outcome after moderate to severe traumatic brain injury: A randomized trial. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 86, 851-856.
- Powell, JM, Birk, K, Cummings, EH, & Ciol, M (2005). The need for adult norms on the Developmental Eye Movement Test (DEM). Journal of Behavioral Optometry, 16(2), 38-41.
- Powell, JM, Griffith, S, & Kanny, E (2005). Occupational therapy workforce needs: A model for demand-based studies. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 59, 467-474.
- Powell JM, Hunt E & Pepping M (2004). Collaboration between cognitive science and cognitive rehabilitation: A call for action. Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation, 19, 266-276.
- Bell KR, Hoffman JM, Doctor JN, Powell JM, Esselman P, Bombardier C & Dikmen S (2004). Development of a telephone follow-up program for individuals following traumatic brain injury. Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation, 19, 502-512.
- Dikmen SS, Machamer JE, Powell JM & Temkin NR (2003). Outcome 3 to 5 years following traumatic brain injury. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 84, 1449-1457.
- Powell JM, Temkin NR, Machamer JE & Dikmen SS (2002). Non-randomized studies of rehabilitation for traumatic brain injury: Can they determine effectiveness? Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 83, 1235-1244.
- Powell JM, Machamer JE, Temkin NR & Dikmen SS (2001). Self-report of extent of recovery and barriers to recovery following traumatic brain injury: A longitudinal study. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 82, 1025-1030.
- Powell, JM, & Torgerson, NG (2011). Evaluation and treatment of vision and motor dysfunction following acquired brain injury from occupational therapy and neuro-optometry perspectives. In P. Suter & L. Harvey (Eds.), Vision rehabilitation: Multidisciplinary care of the patient following brain injury. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.